If You Have Questions Not Covered here...
Please Contact Me
- Q.) Do I need a web developer or a web designer? How do I go about picking the right one for me?
- A.) If you're looking for a business site with all the bells and whistles, i.e., complex site, then look for a web designing company which has plenty of experience and can backup their claims. Most search engines can help you pinpoint a proper web developer/designer.
- Q.) How much does a web site cost?
- A.) There are several items that are going to affect the end cost of your web site. These include...
1) the number of pages you are going to need
2) whether you will sell products on your website
3) the type of graphic work involved, i.e, flash, animation, banners.
4) how interactive you want the web site to be
5) whether you will need web hosting and domain name registration.
- Q.) Do I need to hire a "local" web site designer?
- A.) Creation of a web site for clients can be done locally or out of state or country. Use of the Internet, E-Mail, IMs, VoIP and the telephone, makes it possible to communicate directly and effectively with clients anywhere in the world.
- Q.) How long does it take to have a web site designed?
- A.) The time needed is determined by the size of the web site, the complexity of your site design, number of revisions you require and the current client design schedule PayneLess Designs has at the time.
- Q.) What is a URL?
- A.) It stands for "universal resource locator". This is the address typed in to view your web page on the Internet.
- Q.) What is a domain name?
- A.) A domain name is a specific web site address that you choose and register with Network Solutions (the official registrar of domain names ending in .com, .net, .org, .edu, .gov.). Addition information may be found at: Wikipedia
- Q.) What is web hosting?
- A.) Web hosting is a monthly fee that you pay to have your site accessible on the Internet. We can help in finding a suitable web hosting site for our clients.
- Q.) I am already hosted with another hosting service and would like to switch over to another hosting site. How do I do this?
- A.) Just fill out the Quote Form and I'll take care of transfering your domain name along with all of your existing web site's content to the site you have selected for hosting.
- Q.) Can I choose you to design my site and use my own web hosting?
- A.) Yes you can.
- Q.) What is site maintenance?
- A.) Web site maintenance is a fee paid, usually monthly, to keep your site updated with new content that you provide. Any good web site should have its content updated regularly. Fresh content is one way to keep your visitors coming back.
- Q.) Do you offer any type of discounts?
- A.) Yes, we'll work with you to design what you want at a most reasonable price. Some discounts are given on new signups if 50% payment is received in advance.
- Q.) Why can't I find my web site in the search engines?
- A.) Several weeks, or even months, are required to actually spider and list your web site in most of the directories of the top search engines. Submission will be done once site is completed.
- Q.) Web Site Content - What do I need on my site?
- A.) Depends on the goals of your web site. A business website should include as much information about its products or services that customers would need to make a purchase from you. Other factors, such as, ease of navigation, page layout for content on each page play some role in determining whether a customer finds your site "user" friendly.
- Q.) I want you to design my web site. Now what do I do?
- A.) If you have decided you want a web site or have any questions, simply fill out the Quote Form to start the process.